Madison Man Arrested Following Sexual Assault
- Incident date: December 7, 2021, 4:30 am
- Incident type: Sexual Assault
- Location/address: University Apartments - Eagle Heights Community
The UW-Madison Police Department has arrested a Madison man following a sexual assault.
At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, UWPD officers responded to an apartment in the Eagle Heights community on the UW campus after an individual called police to report a sexual assault.
The victim told investigators that the suspect, Robin Perkins, 34, Madison, is an acquaintance and invited them to his apartment. The sexual assault occurred a short time later. The victim was able to eventually leave the apartment and call police.
On Tuesday afternoon, Perkins was arrested and booked into the Dane County Jail on the following charges:
- One count of third-degree sexual assault
- One count of misdemeanor bail jumping
- Two counts of felony bail jumping
On Thursday, December 9, 2021, Perkins was released from the Dane County Jail. It’s believed Perkins will return to the Eagle Heights community, where he currently resides.
Perkins is a former UW-Madison student. The victim is not affiliated with UW-Madison.