11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at approximately 1:25 p.m., UWPD officers responded to Lot 46 (Southeast Campus Ramp on Lake Street) for a report of a suspicious person looking into vehicles. The subject – later …October 21, 2022
The UW-Madison Police Department has arrested a Madison man on several charges – including disorderly conduct with a hate crime enhancer – following an altercation at a residence hall early Thursday morning. On Thursday, September …September 29, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
- 7:03 am, Check Person, Lot 63. Contacted person who was upset at local hospital because their wallet was stolen the night before in the emergency room and believed hospital staff were not being helpful.
- 8:50 am, Information, 702 W. Jonson Street. Person reported that admissions received a paper application had brief information that wanted to be documented.
- 5:02 pm, Information, Bascom Hall. Contacted person who reported an unknown individual contacted UWHR attempting to change the account for their direct deposit by impersonating them via email.
- 5:30 pm, Warrant Served, Memorial Union. Arrested and transported to Dane County Jail without incident suspect who was making concerning comments towards Memorial Union Staff.
- 8:24 pm, Fraud, UWPD. Contacted person looking to report fraud after they sent over $200,000 to an individual(s) identifying themselves as the "Chinese Police".
- 8:41 pm, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Contacted person for a mental health welfare check.
- 2:06 am, Trespassing/After Hours, LaBahn. Cited subject for closing hours-established, after they were observed exiting the La Bahn Arena.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.