On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at approximately 1:25 p.m., UWPD officers responded to Lot 46 (Southeast Campus Ramp on Lake Street) for a report of a suspicious person looking into vehicles. The subject – later …October 21, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
- 8:22 am, Trespassing/After Hours, Camp Randall Stadium. Verbally warned subject for trespassing.
- 11:39 am, Check Person, Kwik Trip. Check welfare of person.
- 12:14 pm, Theft/Larceny, Biotech. Motorized scooter was stolen.
- 12:31 pm, Alarm, Location Redacted. Person accidentally set off alarm when moving boxes.
- 4:54 pm, Motor Vehicle Accident, Observatory Drive & Walnut Street. Cited subject for failure to yield to passing vehicle.
- 7:59 pm, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Contacted person regarding mental health welfare check.
- 11:49 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, McClain Center. MFD transported subject to local hospital.
- 11:52 pm, Trespassing/After Hours, Lot 6. Cited suspect for trespassing after they were reported to be sleeping on the Northside of upper Lot 6.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.