On Thursday, June 15, 2023 at approximately 2:15pm, the UW-Madison Police Department received a 911 call from a motorist who reported that someone in another vehicle had pointed a gun at them and their passenger …June 16, 2023
On Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at approximately 10:15pm, UWPD officers responded to Sterling Hall for a report of smoke coming from two separate rooms on the first floor. Officers arrived and found the remnants of …April 26, 2023
Read Chancellor Mnookin’s statement about this and another recent threat incident » On Friday, March 10, 2023, at the request of the University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD), a former UW-Madison graduate student was detained …March 13, 2023
On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
- 12:36 pm, Burglary, SMI. Contacted person who reported a microwave, mini fridge, chair, and totes taken from their locked office sometime between 11/5/23 and 11/29/23. Items located by Building Manager, no further action.
- 4:21 pm, Information, McBurney Resource Center. Received mandatory report (EO54) from the department of admissions.
- 4:43 pm, Theft/Larceny, Red Gym. Contacted person who reported their Diamondback Mason bicycle ($1000) was taken without their permission from the west side bike racks by the Red Gym.
- 8:50 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Local hospital. Contacted person after they left local hospital due to the extended wait time.
- 2:04 am, Underage Alcohol Violation, Residence Hall. Contacted person after a housefellow reported them incapacitated in their bed.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.