For general media inquiries, please contact Marc Lovicott, Executive Director of Communications, at 608-263-2333 or email@example.com. After regular business hours, contact UWPD dispatch at 608-264-2677.
- 10:59 am, Other, DeJope. Request for Assistance - Contacted person regarding their Black and blue Schwinn hybrid bicycle being stolen from the west side bike racks between 8pm 9/19/23 and 9am 09/20/23.
- 12:43 pm, Motor Vehicle Accident, Lot 75. Contacted persons involved in a motor vehicle accident as one vehicle was hit when trying to enter Lot 75 at UW Hospital.
- 2:02 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Waisman Center. Patient conscious, breathing, alert. Checked by Madison Fire, no need for police assistance.
- 5:28 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Ogg Hall. Contacted person needing assistance with their wheelchair.
- 5:41 pm, Domestic, Location Redacted. Contacted person who was a patient at local hospital and disclosed domestic abuse while in the ER.
- 8:18 pm, Fire, Engineering Centers Building. Responded to the report of a water pipe that had burst inside Engineering Center Building.
- 8:24 pm, Assist Law Enforcement Agency, Vera Court. Contacted persons regarding a stolen bicycle that was pinging at location on Vera Court. Bicycle recovered inside apartment persons were occupying with several other bicycles and scooters (verified not stolen).
- 9:17 pm, Follow-up, Location Redacted. Arrested/Cited/Transported/Released to Dane County Jail suspect for a Parole and Probation hold/warrant from an earlier incident.
- 9:33 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Near West Fields. Transported a individual to local hospital from Near West Fields after suffering a knee injury.
Safety and security are literally at your fingertips at UW-Madison, thanks to a brand-new app. The UW-Madison Police Department has officially launched BadgerSAFE – a safety app that aims to keep the campus community informed …August 23, 2023
By: Sgt. Jake Lepper I have frequently carried with me a quotation by the Roman playwright Terence: “I am human, and I think nothing human is alien to me.” To police is to be human …September 02, 2023
It is with profound sadness that we share news of the sudden passing of retired K9 Maya. Maya recently became gravely ill – and on Friday, July 21, 2023, surrounded by her family, she passed …July 21, 2023
On April 13, 2023, at the annual National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (NAWLEE) conference in Houston, TX, UW-Madison Police Chief Kristen Roman was named NAWLEE Woman Law Enforcement Executive of the Year. This …April 17, 2023
- More UWPD news and events