Crime Warning: UWPD Investigating Strong-Arm Robbery Near Lot 76
January 29, 2020, 5:15 PM
Strong Arm Robbery
Bus Stop near Lot 76
Strong-arm robbery reported on campus last night was a false report. Madison man arrested this afternoon on tentative charges of obstruction.
More info >> https://uwpd.wisc.edu/news/man-reported-strong-arm-robbery-arrested-for-filing-false-police-report/
On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, at approximately 5:15 p.m., a strong-arm robbery was reported to the UW-Madison Police Department. The victim stated that the robbery occurred at the Lot 76 bus stop near the Nielsen Tennis Stadium. During the robbery, the unknown suspect approached and struck the victim. The suspect fled with the victim’s wallet and cell phone.
The suspect is described as a black male in his mid-20s with a thin to medium build, approximately 5’9” and 180lbs, with a full, scruffy beard and short black hair. He was wearing a tan shirt, a black hoodie, blue shoes, and blue jeans.
The UW-Madison Police Department is investigating this case. Anyone with information is urged to contact UWPD at (608) 264-2677.
Nothing is fail-safe, but here are some crime prevention suggestions everyone should consider:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Walk in a group using a well-lit route, if possible.
- Call 911 if you observe something that you feel is dangerous.
- If you feel you may be unsafe walking at night, walk with a group or call for a ride and wait somewhere you feel safe.
- If you’re ever confronted by an individual demanding your property, give up your property without resistance.