CPR & AED Training
WHEN: Every month! See the available dates/times/locations below!
- Friday, October 14 – 8:30 a.m. at School of Nursing (room 2309)
- Friday, November 4, 2022 – 8:30 a.m. at the Pyle Center (room 327)
- Friday, December 2 – 8:30 a.m. at School of Nursing (room 2309)
- Tuesday, January 17 – 1:00 p.m. at the Pyle Center (room 327)
- Tuesday, February 28, 2022 – 12:00 p.m. (location TBA)
Each month, the UW-Madison Police Department offers Heartsaver® CPR AED — a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. Each course is roughly four hours long.
This course teaches skills with research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills. This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training. The cost of the certified course is $55.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association course completion card.
Active Threat Response Training
WHEN: Every month! Click the link below for dates/times that are available
The UW–Madison Police Department conducts an Active Shooter Response training presentation for students, faculty, and staff, designed to provide an overview of an active shooter event. Our instructors are experienced law enforcement trainers whose main goal is to share tactics and techniques that can and will help you survive a crisis — specifically, to survive an active shooter incident.