For emergencies, dial 911.
Emergency Lake Rescue: (608) 262-3505
UWPD Threats Suspect Arrested by Federal Authorities in Detroit
Read Chancellor Mnookin’s statement about this and another recent threat incident » On Friday, March 10, 2023, at the request of the University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD), a former UW-Madison graduate student was detained …March 13, 2023
Kohl Center Shelter in Place Tuesday Evening
On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
UPDATE: UWPD & MPD Locate Missing Student
11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
UWPD Investigating Extensive Graffiti Damage on Campus
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
Daily Blotter for March 24th 2023
- 7:45 am, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Nicholas Recreation Center. Contacted person who was feeling dizzy and light-headed.
- 11:16 am, Alarm, Location Redacted. Contacted person who was observed on camera in the cash room.
- 11:26 am, Assist Law Enforcement Agency, University Ave & Randall Street. Provided traffic assistance.
- 1:00 pm, Damage to Property, Tripp Gatehouse. Contacted persons after a sink was damaged in the Tripp Gatehouse bathroom.
- 8:12 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Memorial Union. Contacted person at Memorial Union for medical assistance.
- 11:14 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Nicholas Recreation Center. Transported person to local hospital for a shoulder injury they received while playing basketball.
- 11:43 pm, Trespassing/After Hours, Sellery Hall. Contacted suspect after they were reported “piggybacking” into Sellery Hall.
- 11:59 pm, Underage Alcohol Violation, W Dayton & N Frances Streets. Cited suspect for UAL 1st and verbally warned for possession of fake ID after they were being assisted to walk and was falling into things.
- 12:45 am, Resisting Arrest, W Johnson & N Lake Streets. Cited suspect for UAL 1st and Dane County: resisting after they vomited in front of squad at Lot 46 and took off on foot into Witte.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.
Current Lake Conditions