For emergencies, dial 911.
Emergency Lake Rescue: (608) 262-3505
UWPD Threats Suspect Arrested by Federal Authorities in Detroit
Read Chancellor Mnookin’s statement about this and another recent threat incident » On Friday, March 10, 2023, at the request of the University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD), a former UW-Madison graduate student was detained …March 13, 2023
Kohl Center Shelter in Place Tuesday Evening
On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
UPDATE: UWPD & MPD Locate Missing Student
11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
UWPD Investigating Extensive Graffiti Damage on Campus
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
Daily Blotter for March 30th 2023
- 3:22 pm, Disorderly Conduct, Location Redacted. CASE UPDATE FROM 03/29 BRIEFING – Cited person for UW Code Disorderly Conduct.
- 7:25 am, Disorderly Conduct, Location Redacted. Arrested/transported/released to Dane County Jail suspect for Disorderly Conduct, resisting, and threats to Law Enforcement.
- 8:59 am, Assist Law Enforcement Agency, Local hospital. Local hospital recovered bullet from patient.
- 9:34 am, Assault, Location Redacted. Person reported that several people had come and gone from location, but that no problems or foul play were observed.
- 11:30 am, Alarm, Location Redacted. Person reported they entered room without scanning retina, and the door opened.
- 1:02 pm, Alarm, Location Redacted. Contacted staff stating they were working on fans in the vestibule creating negative pressure to where the door wouldn`t close.
- 3:51 pm, Damage to Property, Tripp Hall. Contacted person after they reported they broke the window in the second floor restroom of Frankenburger House.
- 12:00 am, Underage Alcohol Violation, Regent Street Liquor. Contacted persons who purchased alcohol from the Regent St Liquor and later entered Smith Hall.
- 11:04 pm, Theft/Larceny, Sellery Hall. Contacted person in regards to a theft.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.
Current Lake Conditions