For emergencies, dial 911.
Emergency Lake Rescue: (608) 262-3505
UWPD Threats Suspect Arrested by Federal Authorities in Detroit
Read Chancellor Mnookin’s statement about this and another recent threat incident » On Friday, March 10, 2023, at the request of the University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD), a former UW-Madison graduate student was detained …March 13, 2023
Kohl Center Shelter in Place Tuesday Evening
On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
UPDATE: UWPD & MPD Locate Missing Student
11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
UWPD Investigating Extensive Graffiti Damage on Campus
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
Daily Blotter for March 31st 2023
- 9:40 pm, Assist Law Enforcement Agency, Location Redacted. Requested by Dane County SO for K9 track of missing person.
- 4:54 am, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Contacted person after they were feeling vaguely suicidal following an incident where a friend had been treated at a local hospital.
- 1:56 pm, Damage to Property, Lot 75. Contacted person regarding another person driving a vehicle who struck brick wall at 1354 on 3.30.23.
- 3:29 pm, Other, Merit House. Contacted persons whose room window was broken on March 26th 2023 at 1:50AM.
- 4:20 pm, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Transported person to local hospital for Mental Health Welfare Check as they were actively hearing voices from Jefferson County Sheriffs.
- 8:29 pm, Theft/Larceny, Sellery Hall. Contacted person who reported some of their clothes were stolen from the basement laundry room between 13:15 and 20:15.
- 9:57 pm, Operating While Intoxicated, E. Johnson & N Butler Streets. Arrested/transported/released to Dane County Jail suspect for OWI 1st and misdemeanor bail jumping x2.
- 11:55 pm, Other, Langdon Street. Liquor Law False ID - Contacted person after they were seen laying on the ground being helped up by friends.
- 12:23 am, Underage Alcohol Violation, Regent & Jefferson Streets. Cited person for UAL 1st and verbally warned for poss of fake ID after I saw them vomiting.
- 2:24 am, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Contacted Physician at local hospital for duty to inform after harmful statements were made from patient who is currently in the emergency room for voluntary mental health treatment due to suicidal/homicidal ideations.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.
Current Lake Conditions