For emergencies, dial 911.
Emergency Lake Rescue: (608) 262-3505
UWPD Threats Suspect Arrested by Federal Authorities in Detroit
Read Chancellor Mnookin’s statement about this and another recent threat incident » On Friday, March 10, 2023, at the request of the University of Wisconsin Police Department (UWPD), a former UW-Madison graduate student was detained …March 13, 2023
Kohl Center Shelter in Place Tuesday Evening
On Tuesday evening near the conclusion of the UW Men’s Basketball game at the Kohl Center, the City of Madison Police Department made a request that fans inside the Kohl Center shelter in place as …November 29, 2022
UPDATE: UWPD & MPD Locate Missing Student
11/22/22 UPDATE: after receiving a tip from a community member, UWPD and MPD were able to locate Xun and he is safe. We thank the community for their assistance and their support. Read this message …November 21, 2022
UWPD Investigating Extensive Graffiti Damage on Campus
Early Monday, October 24, 2022, the UW-Madison Police Department received reports of graffiti outside the Memorial Union and at the adjacent Alumni Park. Through our investigation, we’ve determined the extensive damage was caused by two …October 26, 2022
- See all Incident Reports
Daily Blotter for March 21st 2023
- 10:01 am, Information, Location Redacted. Contacted person by phone in regards to a verbal altercation between another coworker.
- 1:10 pm, Alarm, Location Redacted. Contacted person who checked and reported no issues.
- 6:40 pm, Mental Health Welfare Check, Location Redacted. Contacted person who was experiencing concerning thoughts.
- 11:02 pm, Threat Assessment, Location Redacted. Contacted person regarding threatening text messages they have been receiving since January of 2023.
- 3:22 am, Assist Law Enforcement Agency, Todd/US Hwy 12. Assisted Dane County Sheriff’s Office with K9 sniff of vehicle on traffic stop with positive alert.
The blotter content above represents significant incidents/calls for service from the last 24 hours, starting at 6 a.m. the previous day.
After more than a year of community meetings, listening to concerns, and collecting feedback, the UW–Madison Police Department is embarking on a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing key data with a focus on racial equity.
The UWPD Equity Dashboard is the result of a collaboration with community members and stakeholders to develop a unique and powerful tool that promotes transparency and provides a set of success metrics that speak directly to the UWPD’s commitment to equity in policing.
Current Lake Conditions